Pompous Title. Yes, I know my blog title is pompous, and it’s also based on a half-remembered quote. But this is my first stab at blogging, so I demand a pass. The title is my corny, fractious response to the increasingly corporate mindset in academic management, and my flailing attempts to keep in the front of my mind the Humanities’ job to push back against the instrumentalization of everyone and everything. Maybe you all can help.

Tags: , ,

2 Responses to “Pompous Title. Yes, I know my blog title is pompous, and it’s also based on a half-remembered quote. But this is my first stab at blogging, so I demand a pass. The title is my corny, fractious response to the increasingly corporate mindset in academic management, and my flailing attempts to keep in the front of my mind the Humanities’ job to push back against the instrumentalization of everyone and everything. Maybe you all can help.”

1. Welcome to the Commons, Alyson!! It’s great to see this fledgling effort, and I love the fact that you are just getting going with blogging. Please know that there is a great amount of documentation out there. For starters, please check out some of the information in our site FAQ on blogging and in our help blog. If videos are more your thing, I highly recommend some of the short videos on WordPress.tv. Here are two: writing and editing a post and the dashboard.

As for the corporatization of higher ed and wresting freedom . . . yes! This is what the Commons is all about. Happy blogging.

2. Jaynicks says:

I like the title, I think. Am still pondering ramifications.

You win.